I did manage to finish a corset (finished except for the flossing on one side.) I used the Truly Victorian pattern, and it was super easy – largely because I just made the corset to fit my waist, and then picked the size I *wanted* my hips and bust to be. Inches bigger than my actual measurements, as it happens. I have always wanted to be more of a curvy girl, and this is the way the actual Victorians managed it! I’ll be making some hip and bust pads soon.
I’m very pleased with how it turned out!
It’s made out of Faille, with two layers of cotton duck on the inside, and plastic zip ties for bones.
For the present (because it was closest at hand) it’s laced with blue ribbon. That will probably change.
One of these days, I’ll finish the flossing….